13 December 2007

On the edge

Whoa, it’s been well over two weeks since my last post. I’ve been frantically getting ready for the trip to Manila and D.C., and at this point I think I’ve achieved Batman-like levels of preparedness. Anti-malaria drug, antibiotics, bug repellent, sunblock, hand sanitizer. Based on that list one might think we were heading for the middle of the Amazon, but no, it’s just bourgeois risk aversion over here. And speaking of bourgeois, I also have the portable DVD player, the digital camera, a schwack of movies, and lots of easy-to-read geeky sci-fi books.

I do wish we were blowing off the family Christmas, though, but maybe experiencing it through a haze of jet lag will actually turn out to be better than the usual lucid suffering. See you all on the other side—hopefully, though, I’ll have a chance to post from the road. Regardless, I promise a full report at the end of the month when normalcy returns!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip!

Danielle said...

Eat a duck embryo for me!

Anonymous said...

I nearly went to the middle of Amazon and forgot to take the Yellow Fever vaccine. Suffice to say that every time an unsuspecting mosquito landed on my arm, it was terminated faster than it could say "Bzzz".

Safe travels!!