03 November 2008

Uncertain times

Recently it seems as though things are far less settled than usual, from the large-scale to the personal: the economy, politics, and a new (crazy) neighbor downstairs. I haven’t had much to say publicly on any of it the last few weeks, so it’s been a little quiet in blogtown. (For the neighbor story, even the purported anonymity of this blog doesn’t feel like enough cover for me to publish all the details; let me know if you would like the story emailed to you directly.)

In the midst of all this uncertainty I want to focus on the truly important things in life: the Swami, music, cycling, tennis, friends. And I would like to wish for the following things to increase in this world: rationality, humility, compassion. Those are commodities that seem to be in short supply.

No comments: