27 September 2009

Miscalculation

Well, my streak of attending every year’s Hub on Wheels has been broken, in somewhat lame fashion. I knew the forecast was going to call for rain today, and sure enough, when the alarm went off at 6:45 a.m. I heard the drops falling on the roof. After checking out the giant green wash across the radar map on TV, my resolve just drained totally away. Screw it, I really do hate cycling in the rain—especially cold rain. So, full of regret, I went back to bed.

That kinda sucked. What really sucks, though, is when I got back up officially at 8:30, it wasn’t raining anymore. And it didn’t rain again at all until around 1 p.m., well after the Hub ride would’ve been over. So I BLEW IT. BAH.

Now I have an official 2009 Hub on Wheels cycling jersey, and I didn’t even ride the damn ride. BAH.

1 comment:

Ron Newman said...

I also skipped the beginning of Hub on Wheels, but when I saw that the weather had improved around 11 am, I took my bike on the Red Line, got off at Shawmut station in Dorchester, and rode the last 18 miles.

It never really stopped raining, though -- I was plenty wet by the end, just from all the drizzle.