11 March 2007

Happy birthday to me

Well, I didn’t plan it, but the first house to meet all the criteria finally presented itself today, and in a stroke of birthday luck our offer was accepted. Better location, top floor with the attic redone, and everything done well. No wondering how soon I’ll have to take a sledgehammer to something, no hitting my head on the ceiling in the bathroom shower, no sloping floors, and bonus items such as air conditioning. Aaaaah. Now I can take a deep breath and prepare for the sprint that happens after going under agreement: home inspection, punch list, lawyering up, mortgage mobilization. Oh, and getting ready to put the current pad up for sale. And if I ever have moments where I wonder if I want to go through the hassle of moving, I have a morning like yesterday’s, where the lovely upstairs neighbors vacuumed at 8:30 a.m. I mean, for chrissakes that’s practically a violation of my civil rights.

Makes up for the peeps who forgot my birthday. You slackers!

1 comment:

rr said...

D'oh! ummmmm. happy birthday! :)
The weirdest thing was I woke up this morning thinking "Damn, I think I forgot Phang's birthday."