25 March 2007

Purchase and sale

Yes, I’m still alive. We signed the Purchase and Sale agreement on Thursday and wrote a big check. There are now no more ways for us to back out (unless the mortgage application is denied, which better not happen). The seller has to fix the things he agreed to fix, and assuming that he does, we are going to have a new place! So on the buying end, things are now quiet until closing (scheduled for late April). On the selling end, things get started now. I’ve done some cleaning today, and we’ve started formulating a plan on Making the Basement Look Decent. That may or may not be possible. If we’d really worked on it this weekend, we could have gotten this place on the market by next weekend, but thanks to us being usual lazy selves, it’ll probably be the weekend of April 14. Might be a flower or two blooming outside by then, that should help! And if I could only get the knob screwed back on to one of the kitchen cupboards—it’s defying all laws of physics and refuses to stay on. I’m gluing the sucker on if I have to, dammit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Say goodbye to some of your free time. That time will now and forever be used for house care. It is a cycle that will never end. You also get to say goodbye to those loud footsteps over your head. So, it's not all bad. :-)

Snorklewacker said...

Dude - I own a place now, what is this "house care" you refer to??

And AMEN to future days without stomping neighbors.

Anonymous said...

If you own a place now, then you know what I'm talking about. Painting, shoveling, fixing, mowing, planting, weeding, etc. I hate the stuff. It makes apartment living seem appealing to me. Particularly if I could live in a penthouse so there would be no possibility of noise from above.
:-)