29 February 2008

Leap day

Well, I gots to post on February 29. By the time the next one rolls around, we’ll probably all be brains in jars with terabit wireless implants for communication and virtual interactions in Fourteenth Life.

In contrast to the futuristic tone of that paragraph, things have been pretty retro this week. This morning I saw the video for Rick Springfield’s “I’ve Done Everything for You,” which is five minutes I’ll never get back (but I just couldn’t look away). And my bro tipped me off to the fact that if you run a little program called DOSBox, you can play Snipes on your Mac or Linux box. Oh man, did I waste a cumulative several months of my life playing that. I’m actually afraid to set it up now—you all might never hear from me again. At least, not until the whole brains-in-jars thing comes to pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I become a brain in a jar, does that mean that I don't get any more colds/flu? If so, then sign me up.
Sickness abounds. Tons of people at work are sick. I haven't been 100% healthy in a month. Sadly, I think I'm heading in the wrong direction at this very moment. I hope that some time in bed this weekend will help.
I'm ready to start wintering in Florida, just so I don't have to keep getting sick around here.

Snorklewacker said...

Oof, I hope you're feeling better, dude. One of my coworkers was out for a solid week last month, and I don't think she's 100% even now. Seems like it was a tough season for colds.

This last half of the winter has been so frustrating - decent weather during the week, and total crap on the weekend. Waaah!