25 August 2006

Aunt Snorklewacker and Uncle Swami

As of 10:30 this morning, I’m an aunt for the first time on the in-law side! Welcome to Earth, As-Yet-Unnamed-Girl. You know, it’s Elvis Costello’s birthday today, too. There are so many naming possibilities that take advantage of that fact: Alison, Juliet, Georgie (although she hated her name), Betty, Tokyo, Giant Insect Mutation—the last one has the added bonus that the proud parents can name their second kid Bug Attack. I dare you to tell me that’s not a brilliant idea.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Auntie M.
Auntie M... hmmm...
Maybe your niece should be named Dorothy.
:-)
Kidding aside, I wish a long, happy life to your niece.
TJ

rr said...

Congratulations! I prefer Aunt Phang though. ;)

Danielle said...

Congrats!

I have been an aunt since birth. That's what you get for having a slutty father.

Snorklewacker said...

Yes, of course it should be Aunt Phang, Raoul! Hopefully she'll grow up quick and start trouncing us all at Halo 15. ;)
And by the way, Niece has a name, finally: Chloe Elizabeth. Hm, the more I type "niece," the weirder it looks.

rr said...

Cool name! BTW, I have this really good friend. His older brother still calls him Bug. :)