23 August 2006

Cilantro-Lime Rice

Last night was Homemade Burrito Nite, which is an extravaganza of burrito-making that results in three delectable dinners’ worth of burritos. And the key to success? Cilantro-lime rice. Cook your rice, and when it’s done, mix in some fresh-squeezed lime juice and a fistful of chopped fresh cilantro. Mmmmmm. I know that there are strange people out there who hate cilantro, but you all require counseling.

This discussion of rice reminds me, Raoul now has a blog! Welcome to the Intarnets, Kaskasero. And why do you hate America, anyway? The economy is collapsing without your shopaholism!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You *think* that the lime rice is the key to success, but that is because you have not been introduced to refried black beans with lime juice. They sell 'em at Stop and Shop in the Mexican Food section.
Once you try refried black beans with lime juice, you'll never go back to regular refried beans again.

Danielle said...

I put coriander (as we call it) in *everything*. Everything. If I could put it in chocolate pudding, I would. Well, maybe not. But practically every savoury dish. Did you know that it's the most used herb in the world? Given that it's crucial in Mexican, Indian, and various Asian cuisines, that makes sense, I suppose.

Snorklewacker said...

TJ: Ooh, those do sound good. But the Stop and Shop near me is awful, so I'm going to have to take your word for it. Plus I use whole black beans for these burritos to keep the fat content down...
Danielle: Americans have coriander too, that's the term for the powdered seed of the same plant. I buy giant bottles of it since I go through it so fast.
This conversation is making me want guacamole really bad.

Anonymous said...

Luckily for us Indians, we don't worship cilantro. We lost out on basil that way. Lime and cilantro... mmmmm...

Frantix

rr said...

Hi. My name is Raoul and I'm a shopaholic... ;)