14 August 2006

Current doses of WTF

As I ease back into the grinding despair of the workweek, here are a few things that have me shaking my head.


  • This newsflash from Ars.Technica: the RIAA are still peabrained, despicable weasels

  • Recently overheard from a coworker: it is being overly attached to your possessions and loved ones that causes cancer. Silly me, I thought it was caused by damage to DNA, triggered by genetic or environmental factors.

  • Maurice Clarett. Seriously, dude, WTF. See especially the most recent developments. If you feel like signing up to read the Washington Post, Michael Wilbon wrote a good piece on this trainwreck of a guy. (Note that one of the sidebars contains the misspelling "Columbis"—whoops.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does your coworker realize how insulting that is to all of us who have lost loved ones to cancer? He's a dick.

Snorklewacker said...

It’s a she, but obviously not. What kills me about her attitude is that our mutual boss died of liver cancer in 2005 within about five months of his diagnosis. He was one of the most amazing people I’ve ever met, and his illness was absolutely heartrending to witness. She is either a heartless bitch, or completely stupid, or some diabolical combination of both.