30 December 2006

I Hate Christmas, Part 2

Well, the annual holiday fiasco is finally over and I’m safely back in the Snorklewacker Cave. Actually, the fiasco rating was quite low this year; much lower than it’s been in the past. One major reason for the relatively low level of stress was that we flew down to the family homesteads instead of driving—no 10 hours of slogging down the East Coast Megalopolis through holiday traffic. Just a couple hours of JetBlue entertaining me with XM radio. Why have we not been flying every year?? Also, the family strife and drama was at a minimum this year for some reason. Overall I managed to see three siblings, three nephews, the new(ish) niece, three siblings-in-law, one parent, one step-parent, two in-laws, and four friends over six days. Whew.
As for gifts, I simply must call out these two hideous apple figurine things for special mockery. Aren’t they awful? Egads. Anybody who wants ’em, they are yours, yours, yours. I ship internationally.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

New(ish)? She doesn't look new(ish).
:-)
The apple creatures are frightening. I'll have nightmares tonight. I'll be chased by an apple wearing red heels, and a slice of pie wearing lipstick.
Happy new year.

Anonymous said...

The apple pie is mine! Don't forget it!

Anonymous said...

They look so adorable in a "Wizard of Oz" way. I'm not sure how I'd react to an apple that might just walk away from me everytime I tried to eat it.

Frantix