14 June 2008

Whoa where am I

Due to the heat wave we just suffered through, I haven’t gotten around to posting in a while. Here are some ruminations on a few topics.

Obama! Wooot!

A tale of three tennis rackets: Finally, finally, I got around to demoing a few new tennis rackets to try and replace the craptacular no-name brand I’ve been playing with for the last seven-eight years. (Raoul, you will be especially happy to learn of this development!) So today I’ve got to decide between this Prince model and the RQS 9 (scroll down a bit) by Yonex (a brand I hadn’t heard of until this week, because I am a Not Cool Person). And I’m irrationally worried that a new racket will somehow screw up my game. Maybe I should lighten up about this stuff, huh?

More tennis: Man, did Nadal crush Federer at the French, or what? That was just harsh.

Jesus Christ, again with the tennis? We’re back in a doubles league and play our second match tomorrow. First match we got completely pwned by these two dudes that were probably 4.0 or maybe even 4.5. I don’t think I successfully returned a serve by one of the guys the whole match. Hopefully there will be somebody else a little closer to our level to play, or else this is going to be a real slog!

Hey, something that’s not tennis: Speaking of getting pwned, the Celtics put in an amazing performance on Thursday night. Down by 24? No problemo. What a game that was—good thing I didn’t give up watching at halftime. But can someone explain this game schedule to me? No games on Friday or Saturday nights? Total crap.

2 comments:

rr said...

Go with the Yonex! :)

And about the celtics...Now was that an ass-kicking or what? :)

Snorklewacker said...

Too late, man, I bought the Prince. What a schweeeeeet racket it is. It was a little trickier to find the sweet spot on the Yonex, plus I hit a lot of balls long with it.

Re Celtics: You ain't kidding. That was just ABUSE. I am also in awe of KG's crazy postgame insane rantings and howlings - will probably link to a Youtube clip of it soon.