10 July 2008

Ups and downs

Down: Periodontitis diagnosed today
Up: It’s early-stage and can be reversed!
Down: Requires anxiety-causing procedures over a couple of weeks next month

Up: New tennis racket still awesome!
Down: Four cancelled doubles matches thanks to the crappy weather

Up: Tour de France!
Down: Lingering cynicism about the Tour thanks to doping scandals

Up: Obama!
Down: Obama’s stance on FISA

Big Up: going to Vermont for a cycling vacation next week!
Down: Ain’t no downside to that.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

This is why I should go to the dentist more regularly. Yet... I don't.

Mike said...

They diagnosed me with that a couple of years back. I hadn't been to the dentist in...um...several years. Still, I have worked around it with cleanings, etc. I have great enamel, apparently. (Only one filling!) But, yeah, the gums thing. Gotta remember to floss as much as you can.